Our down comforter and cover have now arrived. I realized what a predicament this created after I unpacked the down comforter and realized I had to somehow stuff it inside a cover and then button it in. One of the things I never uncovered in my research was any sort of description of how terribly difficult it is to get a comforter stuffed inside a comforter cover. Luckily, dear reader, I have figured out the secret, and I can provide another secret to down comforter enjoyment:
To get a down comforter into a comforter cover:
- Get inside of the comforter cover, standing up
- Straighted out the cover so that your hands are in the upper corners of the comforter, and your feet are in the lower corners.
- While still standing, pull the comforter inside of the cover with you, and stretch the corners of it to match the corners of the cover.
- Now comes the tricky part. Fall forward onto a mattress, and carefully crawl out of the cover backwards, while leaving the comforter intact.
- After that, just beging the painful process of buttoning the interior buttons, and enjoy.
Voila, we have loft! I think our bed, with nothing on it, is now about 3" taller. Unsurprisingly, Loki likes this an awful lot:
And just to make sure that I get you tired out of seeing our cat, here’s a little more Loki:
In any event, we did a quick test snuggle under the comforter and decided it was swell (and strangely addicting). We then promptly left, to avoid falling asleep.