So, we’ve made it to the 25% point of the year, and it’s time to check in on my resolutions that I foolishly made at the beginning of the year.
- Excercise more. I’ve made progress on this. I have regularly scheduled gym dates every Tuesday and Thursday, and I make a good chunk of them. Not as many as I should (usually there’s a work meeting that impacts it), but definitely at least one a week. I also need to get back into hiking and so forth this spring, as the weather is about right for it now.
- Read more. I’ve knocked most of the stuff off my never-ending list of stuff that I’d half-started. I think that, currently, I only have about four books in progress. I’m still not getting through as many as fast as I would like, but I’ve been managing at least a book a month. I’d like to get to a book a week.
- Learn more about politics, my country, and our history. Failed, failed, failed.
- Eat more vegetables, preferably green ones. I was doing well with this at work with a green veggie with lunch each day, but I’ve fallen out of the habit. Need to fix that.
- Spend more time with friends, and less time alone. I think this is getting better. We’re seeing more of our old friends, and I’m trying to get out with new friends more often. Not where it should be, but maybe halfway there.
So, I guess the resolutions were good for soemthing. We’ll see how I’m doing in another 3, 6, and 9 months.