At my funeral/wake/afterlife party, I would like the following songs played, for reasons that only I will ever know.
- Blue – Vast
- Colony of Birchmen – Mastodon
- Settle for Nothing – Rage Against the Machine
- Bloodstone – Amon Tobin
- Fratres – (as composed by) Arvo PÃ¤rt, performance up to the organizers, but pick a good one.
- The Bones of You – Elbow
- New Way Home – Foo Fighters
- In The Light – Led Zeppelin
- White, Discussion – Live
- The Reflecting God – Marilyn Manson
- The Call of Ktulu – Metallica
- Take a Bow – Muse
- Gone, Still – Nine Inch Nails
- Everything In Its Right Place – Radiohead
- The Day I Tried to Live – Soundgarden
Apologies in advance to all of the attendants.
Find Casey, or somebody else smart, in order to figure out how to best arrange these. I lack the talent. I think New Way Home should probably be the penultimate song, but I’m not confident. I’m also pretty sure Take a Bow should be the opener. But it might also work well as a transition piece. As I say, not my bailiwick. I’ve never succeeded in finishing a mix tape, and obviously this list is too long to actually make a tape.
Please close with Aria Da Capo E Fine from the Goldberg Variations, as performed in 1981, not 1955. Make sure it’s loud enough that everybody can hear him humming along, or it doesn’t count.